Monday 30 August 2010

A Day With a Journalist

Yeah, you've heard me. A DAY with a journalist. And I really really mean it. I did spent A Day A.K.A. 24HOURS with a journalist, where we have to follow the journalist wherever he go to for a day and make a report out of it. Basically, we have been given a task for Journalism subject, but mostly from what we have heard from others, they only spent like 6 to 12 hours with the journalist, but not me. Together with my groupmates, we did spent almost 24hours with a journalist from NSTP Malacca, Encik Hariz. 8:30am (30/08/10) 'til 6:00am (31/08/10). We had fun. Like seriously, but it was really really exhausting I tell you. SERIOUSLY. But, WORTH IT! WORTH IT! WORTH IT!

We learnt about scooping, and lots lots more. I think being a journalist is cool, but still, it doesnt change my mind to go for Major in Advertising later, instead of Journalism, Public Relations, Publishing, and Broadcasting. Jornalism is cool for once a while, NOT for my everyday-routine. I just don't have the 'love' for it. But yeah, its cool to be a journalist, but you need to have the passion to be a journalist. Seriously, without it, you won't be successful in the field.

So today, we headed to the court to do some shopping for cases. Yeah, CASES, not tops, not shoes but CASES. So, we have chosen the "Meriam Buluh Case" for today's pick. Comel kan? Haha. AND NOT TO FORGET. I want to thank the Makcik Cleaner for letting us to go inside the court. Haha agak batak di situ. Memang court tu jadi playground kitorang lah. :D Later on, we headed to IKS for Press Conference, but I just got lost in the map, so I missed the Press Conference with Ketua Polis Negeri, if I'm not mistaken. Before Maghrib, we went to the Mahkota Medical Centre in Bandar Hilir to do the follow-up on the Chinese boy died in fire case with Datuk Ali Rostam, Menteri Besar Melaka, with some presses. Sangat kepochi. Heh.

Later, we went berbuka at Naza Hotel, they got this function for presses. I don't know much about it but it scared me for being there at first. With all the smokes came from the cigarettes, flu mak lepas tu. Haih. Well, I don't want to spurt out any comments about it, mati mak kene rejam nanti. :P

After we had dinner, we went for supper at mamak, somewhere near the office, with the boss, a police officer, and some of the colleagues. We had this long chat. Mata dah terkebil-kebil, so we just let Hanan do all the talking. Bhahahahahh! Pstt, we've been invited to do a rush tonight. Yeeeeha! Mencegah maksiat kan :P Sounds interesting kan kan? Can't believe we are actually MENCEGAH. Haha! Well, as you know, tonight Merdeka kan ;)

But turned out, we joined the police mengejar rempitsz and doing some roadblock around the town. So we went to three places; Ayer Keroh, Jalan Mufti Haji Khalil, and Bandar Hilir. Sangat cool! We've seen alot. Rasuah, kes curi motor, mabuk, drug addicts, and so forth. Oh wow, 99.9% are Malays. Yeah, you've heard me. MELAYU.

I don't want to sound racist here but as what Encik Hariz told us, it's not their fault. It's about the surrounding and the influences from their friends and their family backgrounds. Well, Illy tanak kupas banyak about this. But yeah, things happened for reasons. Still, I haven't found my conclusion yet. It's just got me puzzled. Theres alot going on in the 24hours, but I just can't strip it all down here 'cause I just don't know where to start and when to stop. *sigh*

We went to Sahur at the Asam Pedas, somewhere near Bandar Hilir. Thanks for the treats, Mr. Hariz! We owe you A LOT! Thanks for the day as you're giving us the new experience of being a journalist and for spending your time with us. THANK YOU (:

Me and the groupmates; Danny, Zaza and Hanan,
together with Mr. Hariz(infront).

Together with the Ketua Polis Negeri
and the officers before the mission.

Anak-anak MERDEKA.

Currently, he's enjoying writing the saman.
Now I know what it feels like to saman people. Heh.

SELAMAT MENYAMBUT HARI KEMERDEKAAN
YANG KE-53, MALAYSIA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment